"Education is the Pathway to a Sustainable Future "
TEACHING & RESEARCH CENTRE
Prof P. Musonge
PhD(Lond), DIC, MCSE, FSAIChE
Department of Chemical Engineering
Durban University of Technology
Steve Beko, Rd, Durban, KZN
South Africa, 4000
email: email@example.com, Skype: pmusonge Tel: +27(0)31-373-2415
EXAMiNATION TIMETABLES FOR 2013 - Published 28 October 2013
CETE401 - Course Marks Published - 25 th October 2013
There are opportunities for Postgraduate and Post-Doctoral Studies in the following areas:
- Design of filtration equipment for Newtonian and Non-Newtonian Fluids (particle size distribution and solids concentration).
- Optimal use of edible vegetable oils (utilization, recycling, biodiesel and by-products),
- Domestic and industrial waste water treatment (photo-catalytic, membranes, coagulants).
Applicants for the Masters degree must have a B.Sc(Hons) degree or equivalent in chemical engineering with a minimum of a second class upper division. Applicants for a PhD must have a Masters degree in chemical engineering. Suitable applicants for Full-time studies will qualify for an NRF Bursary.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate competence in any of the following areas: Artificial Neural Networks, Design of Experiments, Response Surface Methodology, CFD, MatLab, Fluent.
- Optimum Conditions for the production of Sub-micron Cobalt Powder. H. Andricia
- An evaluation of micro-scaled TiO2 on bacterial degradation and recovery in potable water. P. Dlamini
- Feasibility of using chitosan as a coagulant in the treatment of sugar refinery effluent. R. L. Pambi
- Optimisation of biodiesel production using waste cooking oil. K. Sangene
- Water Treatment using Titanium di-oxide coated MF membranes. X.P. Zwane
- The influence of particle size distribution on filtration efficiency. U.F. Govender
- Dependence of porosity on particle size ratio. E.M. Kweyama
- Study of multi-phase flow in a complex pipeline. R.M.F. Joao
- Influence of operating conditions on performance of a hydrocyclone. P. Pillay
- Minimization of oil uptake in deep-fat drying. S.W. Mabaso
- Prediction of friction factor for non-Newtonian Fluids. L.P. Mkhwanzi
RECENT PUBLICATIONS June 2013 -
- Quality Assurance and Capacity Building in Engineering Education. 9th World Congress of Chemical Engineering. August 19-22, 2013, COEX, Seoul, Korea. P. Musonge and D.M Fraser
- Single step, high volume production of sub-micron cobalt powder. 18th Plansee Seminar, Refractory metals – Powders Production and Recycling. 3-7 June, 2013, Reutte, Austria. Hareepersad A., Musonge P., Swahala F.M., and Oehlers M.
Student Resources and Opportunities
Win A Bursary ( Up to R10000)
Earn Extra Income Selling Airtime Online